PHC at Mercy Family Medicine and Residency Program
250 Laurel Street, Des Moines, IA 50314| (515) 643-4610
Mercy Family Medicine Center physicians and residents provide the same services found at other family medicine clinics. Patients of all ages should have a family medicine provider for annual physicals and exams, as well as for unexpected illnesses and injuries.
Make PHC Your Medical Home!
When you choose us as your medical home, you will be assigned a care team of qualified healthcare professionals. We are a teaching program. That means that during your visit you will see your registered nurse care manager, a resident and faculty member.
Please be aware that this component of our patient care model does add some extra time to each visit.
PHC will see patients regardless of ability to pay.
Residency Program Family Medicine Residency
In 2013 PHC partnered with Mercy’s Family Medicine Residency program. For the last three years we have been recognized for research at the National Conference for Family Medicine Doctors.
Some highlights of our program include:
- The opportunity to work with a diverse patient population
- A strong pediatric and OB Program
- A clinical pharmacists on staff to mentor our residents in pharmacology
- A dedicated Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine clinic for DOs
- All Family Medicine residency and training requirements can be fulfilled at our clinic
If you are medical student interested in the Family Medicine Residency Program, please visit Mercy’s website by clicking the button below.