Title X (Ten) is a federal grant program dedicated solely to providing low income women and men with high quality, cost effective, comprehensive family planning and related preventative health services.
Family Planning Services Include:
- Wellness exams including pelvic exams
- Birth control method supplies, including Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs)
- Test and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases
- Cervical and breast cancer screenings
- Basic infertility exams, counseling and referrals
- Pregnancy tests and options counseling
- Health education
- Confidential services for adolescents and adults
Cost for service at family planning clinics are based on ability to pay and are often less than at other health centers. Services are available at no cost for people enrolled in Medicaid and those whose income is below 100% of the federal poverty level.
Family planning clinics offer quality, confidential health care. Medical services are provided by physicians and nurse practitioners trained in family planning healthcare. A sliding fee scale is available for those who qualify.
To receive Title X (Ten) Services, please schedule an appointment at the PHC East Side Clinic located at 3509 E. 29th St. in Des Moines. Call (515) 248-1600 to schedule an appointment.
This program is administered by the Iowa Department of Health and is intended to improve the health of families through education, health promotion and health screening.